1/9 MAR
You haven't signed in yet! You probably should so you can reply and access all the boards you have the permissions to view!

Insurgency Mapping

Go down

Insurgency Mapping

Post by D. Miniati [1/9MAR] on Tue May 14, 2013 1:13 am

Ok so guys I need your ideas. I draw blanks often when it comes to mapping and cant think of things to add. What I am looking for right now is a basic layout of map you would like to see. If you can draw it up in paint with just basic squares and colors to represent spawns or important areas and if I like your idea I may just use it.

I will be posting up some screenshots later tonight or tomorrow on what I am working on at this point.

Are you guys wanting an urban environment or more of a fight in the mountains with longer distances. By urban environment I mean a whole city, not the default maps which focus around a couple streets and back alleys.

D. Miniati [1/9MAR]
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Re: Insurgency Mapping

Post by J. Harper [1/9MAR] on Tue May 14, 2013 2:12 am

I think you should try making a boot camp map Very Happy haha but if you choose to go with your idea, I would like a full city, with maybe a sewer network, and plenty of building access (multiple floors), lots of windows too. Give it a more open feel if that's possible with this type of map. Can't be much more help unfortunately, good luck!
J. Harper [1/9MAR]
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by W. Smith [1/9MAR] on Tue May 14, 2013 9:36 am

^ this I would love to see a left 4 dead 2 type city(well of course no zombies but how huge and spacious the buildings are and how you can compare it to a real city) as long as it's balanced enough to play on

W. Smith [1/9MAR]
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Harper [1/9MAR] on Tue May 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Oh and make sure the terrain isn't flat, add hills, trenches, ect..
J. Harper [1/9MAR]
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by D. Miniati [1/9MAR] on Thu May 16, 2013 8:45 pm

My fraps was lagging and sorry about the quality. I personally like the Target with the Insurgent Model. With this I can put them in different stances if needed (Crouching/Prone/etc). I can also slow down the speed in which it goes down and up. I can also change the textures on the wooden target.

D. Miniati [1/9MAR]
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by R. Atnip on Sat May 18, 2013 5:24 am

I would definitely like a training map with a glass house for MOUT, which consists of a house with no roof and alot of small rooms and long hallways, with a way for instructors to walk above and watch, with the realistic targets in the rooms. And also a firing range with the wooden targets if possible.
R. Atnip

Back to top Go down

Post by D. Miniati [1/9MAR] on Sat May 18, 2013 2:45 pm

Pvt. J. Harper [1/9 001 MAR]: Hey so I was thinking bout the map, and I think we could benefit from bnot just long rang and close range target practice, but if you could make a building with 2 or 3 floors with a bunch of rooms to practice clearing rooms, that would be cool
Pvt. J. Harper [1/9 001 MAR]: Plus a small village for simulations
Pvt. J. Harper [1/9 001 MAR]: and maybe a sniper training field with a LOT of foliage and trees where snipers would have to sneak from the back to the front without being seen
Pvt. J. Harper [1/9 001 MAR]: but the small village would also contain sniper spots and plenty of windows and such
Pvt. J. Harper [1/9 001 MAR]: oh the sniper training field they would also have to shoot from various parts of the field ]
Pvt. J. Harper [1/9 001 MAR]: at a metal object
Pvt. J. Harper [1/9 001 MAR] has changed their name to Pvt. J. Harper [1/9 MAR].
Pvt. J. Harper [1/9 MAR]: hmmmm
Pvt. J. Harper [1/9 MAR]: What elseee..
Pvt. J. Harper [1/9 MAR]: maybe just an obstacle course?
Pvt. J. Harper [1/9 MAR]: Ohhh an obstacle course where you must also eliminate all enemies (targets)
Pvt. J. Harper [1/9 MAR]: you also woulld need someone to time you
Pvt. J. Harper [1/9 MAR]: or if you could make a timer that automatically starts and ends when someone enters and exits the course
Pvt. J. Harper [1/9 MAR]: the obstacle course would have psrts where you crouch, jump, slide, crawl ect

Just using this as a place holder.

D. Miniati [1/9MAR]
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Harper [1/9MAR] on Sat May 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Just for reference.
J. Harper [1/9MAR]
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Harper [1/9MAR] on Sun May 19, 2013 12:02 am

For the long range target practice, there should be a large field (with firing lanes) and targets at different distances from medium (m16, m14) to longest range (sniper rifles)

The village should have around 8-10 buildings with a fence on the outside. Lots of insurgents. All of these things should have timers (if possible) that will start upon entry and stop upon exit. The simulation village should be gated in my opinion.

And lastly there should be an arena for fireteams to skirmish each other. This could be done like a paintball arena or whatever.

The Firing Ranges, the simulation village, CQB training, and Sniper training area should have designated areas for officers to observe and facilitate.

These are suggestions (not orders haha) but I think having all of this would be splendid however I know that mappings isn't easy so if you don't want to do everything or any of what is suggested I understand. I know this will be a lot of work but I am available to help you in what ways I can.
J. Harper [1/9MAR]
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by D. Miniati [1/9MAR] on Wed May 22, 2013 12:42 am

Reformatting my computer tomorrow. Will be back to work on the map Thursday.

D. Miniati [1/9MAR]
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Harper [1/9MAR] on Sun May 26, 2013 1:04 am

Any updates?
J. Harper [1/9MAR]
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by D. Miniati [1/9MAR] on Sun May 26, 2013 8:17 pm

J. Harper [1/9MAR] wrote:Any updates?

Yes sorry about that. I currently have the CQB, firing range, Meeting area completely done. Still they are in dev textures at this point. Will worry about textures and Displacements later on after the core parts of the map are done.

D. Miniati [1/9MAR]
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Harper [1/9MAR] on Sun May 26, 2013 9:06 pm

Awesome! Keep it up!
J. Harper [1/9MAR]
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down